I am 61, female, vegetarian. Eat a lot of Morningstar vege protein food with Boost drink supplement & vitamins. Can I get adequate nutrition this way?

Dr. Susan Rhoads

In brief: No Boost.

There's lots of very tasty protein in many Morningstar products.
You do not need boost in addition. You can get what you need from better tasting food and freshly prepared fruits, grains, and vegetables, properly prepared. High protein diets are not healthy even if due to veggie sources (although High veg protein diets are better than high animal protein diets when we're talking risk of cancer).

In brief: No Boost.

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Susan Rhoads
3 comments
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Yes, back off on the Morning star. Two servings of classic protein a day are enough, esp. women (if not pregnant). We are not as tall as guys. You will get protein from other sources. Keep an eye on the fat content, try for 10% fat (total a day). Thanks for the Thank you Note, that was nice of
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Oops,fingers stuttered, didn't end it properly: should be "that was nice of YOU!"
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham