Does a cold cause bad breath or bad taste in mouth?

Yes it can. so can a bacterial infection. If not getting better in a few days see your doctor.
Oral Effects ofColds. Hello Maria; Stress associated with colds may cause a patient to develop gingivitis or a harsh form of gingivitis known as ANUG (Trench Mouth). You need to visit your dentist ASAP and contact your MD as well.
Possibly. Sinus infections can certainly cause halitosis.
It is possible. However, in the majority of cases, the cause of bad breath or halitosis, poor dental hygiene or may be a sign of other serious health problems. See your dentist for Halimeter test and bad breath treatment that depends on its cause.