Endocrinologist says my thyroid 2 low. Tsh-3gen 6.30 FTI 2.4 TotT4 8.8 T-uptake 27.8 wants to increase meds. I have no T gland. No symp. What's low?

Dr. Susan Rhoads

In brief: Thyroid hormone.

We all need thyroid hormones for proper health.
If you had your thyroid removed, you will have to take thyroid replacement meds for the rest of your life. If you are taking them, the level has to be monitored to be sure you are getting enough for your body to function normally. If your level is low, the medicine is increased and the level is rechecked regularly to make sure it is stays normal

In brief: Thyroid hormone.

Dr. Susan Rhoads
I see that I did not answer your question. You wanted to know why the increase? If you are already on thyroid hormones, sometimes, due to other things going on in your body, the amount you are taking is no longer enough and you have to raise the dose. If you are not on any thyroid hormone at all and have no thyroid, then why have you not been? So, ask again, and say if you are already on thyr.med
Dr. Jack Hinkle