Will my toenail grows back after fungus? What's the best way to treat it? I'm currently using Thursday Plantation's Tea Tree Anti-Fungal Nail Solution

Dr. Kathy Robinson

Your toenails should grow back after fungus is treated.
However, you may need an oral antifungal medication to get rid of the fungus. Topical medications tend to not work very well. However if it going away with the topical keep at it, topicals are safer than the oral medicines.

Dr. Kathy Robinson
Dr. Kathy Robinson
2 comments
Dr. Scott Keith
Remember that all successful fungal nail treatments are predicated on the fact that the nail actually is infected by a fungus and that the infection has not permanently damaged the nail root. Root damage will definitely be a spoiler in the cosmetic appearance of the nail. Nail fungal infections can also be confused with merely thickened nails, caused by serious nail and root trauma.
Dr. Richard Roberts
tincture of iodine now comes in a clear solution. It takes an infected great toe toenail to grow in normally. Just paint under the nail if separated and the nail itself once a day.
Dr. Susan Rhoads

In brief: Your age?

We need to know your age.
Please put it in your public profile. We cannot answer questions from minors. Knowing your country or state helps, too. Age, location, and gender, can affect our answer, since some conditions are more likely in different places or in different age groups. Be honest! You expect if of us, and we expect it of you!

In brief: Your age?

We need to know your age.
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Richard Roberts
well, i have yet to see a younger person with toenail fungus. I think s/he is over 16.