I am a 17 year old female who is 6 feet 2 inches. I have very long fingers and toes an long, thin arms.Do I have Marfan syndrome? I am worried!

Dr. Fuad Kiblawi
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: See cardiologis

Certain clinical features r required for the diag.
Of marfan syndrome. Being thin, tall with long fingers, toes and extremities is not enough for the diagnosis but may be an indication for referral to a pediatric cardiologist, pediatric ophthalmologist and geneticist for a much broader evaluation to rule out other abnormalities in the heart, eye and skeletal system and skin consistent w marfan.

In brief: See cardiologis

Dr. Fuad Kiblawi
Dr. Fuad Kiblawi
Dr. Linda DiMeglio
A geneticist may also be helpful for a diagnosis.

In brief: Probably not

Many people have long fingers, toes and arms but don't have marfan's syndrome.
I trip to your primary care physician is in order to address your concerns and screen you for marfan's.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. Marybeth Crane
Dr. Marybeth Crane
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: Don't worry, see

Your doctor. Since you have physical therapy for some reason, tell your doctor your medical & family history & have a physical exam. If your doctor thinks it's possible, (s)he'll refer you to a cardiologist to know if you need any medications & to a geneticist.
It's difficult & expensive to test for all types of marfan's & other connective tissue disorders because there are so many of them.

In brief: Don't worry, see

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Dr. Jay Park

In brief: See below

Do you have other physical characteristics such as scoliosis, chest deformity, lens dislocation, hyperflexible joint, etc.
If you do so, check with your doctor.

In brief: See below

If you do so, check with your doctor.
Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jay Park
Dr. Jane Van Dis