Have slight neck pain when I look down I have pain in my back. Took Advil (ibuprofen) it seems to have taken almost all the pain away. Could this be meningitis?

Dr. Leah Alexander

In brief: Probably not

With meningitis, neck pain is severe and is associated with fever, headache, and light-sensitivity.
A simple test would be to try to touch your chin to the middle of your chest: it is too painful to do this movement when one has meningitis. Since the Advil (ibuprofen) has resolved your pain, you most likely just have a strained neck muscle. If symptoms change, see your doctor.

In brief: Probably not