I'm not sleeping well. I'm only staying asleep for a couple hours and find it hard to fall back asleep. I don't drink coffee or soda. What can I do?

Dr. Brad Bobrin

In brief: Depression

One of the most common causes of this type of insomnia called middle insomnia is depression with pain also doing this.
The other type of insomnia associated with depression is terminal insomnia which is where you wake up earlier than your normal wake time. Besides the medical evaluaton, have your doctor screen you for depression.

In brief: Depression

Dr. Brad Bobrin
Dr. Brad Bobrin
Dr. K. Olson

In brief: Medical evaluation

If this is persistent, consider seeing your md.
If alcohol, substance abuse, medications, late pm exercising, and stimulant-like ingest ants are eliminated - pursue medical causes. Mindful meditation, cognitive behavior psychotherapy, or interim medication may be helpful. Many have chronic sleep disorders and as a result do not realize the non-restorative nature of their sleep. Restless legs?

In brief: Medical evaluation

Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. TRUC DAO

In brief: Not sleep well

Please search the web " depression" verify how many symptoms of depression you have then talk to your doc.
Sleep problem is one the main symptom of most mental health disorder. The other symptoms in each different disorder make a different final diagnosis. And the treatment is very different from disorder to disorder. Never read then think you know enough. Not read then disregard your doctor's adv.

In brief: Not sleep well

Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. Julia Frank

In brief: Sleep hygiene

Look up sleep hygiene on the internet for behavioral advice on how to consolidate your sleep.

In brief: Sleep hygiene

Dr. Julia Frank
Dr. Julia Frank