Hi i had my gall bladder removed two weeks ago via keyhole and my stomach is still swollen and hard. Is this normal? The incisions have mostly healed apart from my belly button which is still really sore, especially to touch

Dr. Edward Seegers

In brief: Cholecystectomy?

ShontelleR242 ~ you had a lap chole and that involves 2 small incisions in abdomen to insert scopes and the abdominal cavity gets distended with air to push the other organs away for op site.
That can give distension after the op. If not severe and no other symptoms, you're ok. The belly button is expected till healed ~ 6 weeks. Any change see MD thanks

In brief: Cholecystectomy?

Dr. Edward Seegers
Dr. Edward Seegers
2 comments
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
two weeks is too long see your surgeon
Dr. Franklyn Gergits
I agree. The gas/air placed in your abdominal cavity should be well absorbed by now. Time to see your surgeon.
Dr. Rifat Naghmi

In brief: Surgery

This should resolve within 2 weeks or so.

In brief: Surgery

Dr. Rifat Naghmi
Dr. Rifat Naghmi
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery