I have anxiety and depression. I am on 75mg effexor (venlafaxine) xr for 4 weeks but I am going backwards again. Should I increase to 150mg. Previously taken 300m?

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Please only adjust

your medication w/the guidance of your doctor. Also consider adding cognitive therapy to your treatment regime.
Research indicates that medication and cognitive therapy gets the best results. See a Clinical Psychologist who specializes in this. Peace and good health.

In brief: Please only adjust

In brief: See your doctor

It's not a good idea to titrate meds without MD supervision.
It's also not a good idea to double the dose so quickly either bc you may be sensitive to side effects. Consult with your MD and tell them your symptoms. I do recommend increasing the dose just not without supervision. Good luck to you.

In brief: See your doctor

Dr. Susan Rhoads

In brief: Your age?

We need to know your age, too.
Please put it in your public profile. We cannot answer questions from minors. Age and location, and gender, can affect our answer, since some conditions are more likely in different places or in different age groups. Be honest! You expect if of us, and we expect it of you, too!

In brief: Your age?

We need to know your age, too.