Is it normal to have a bowel movement and when you wipe it has a snot like substance come out?

Pathology

In brief: Absolutely

A bit of extra mucus lying free is normal.
The colon makes far more than your nose does just to keep things lubricated, though we seldom realize it. If it is abundant or persisent, do let your doctor know; you may have anything from functional bowel syndrome to a mucus-producing tumor.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology

In brief: This question

Appears twice on the site with conflicting answers.
While it *may* be normal, mucoid rectal discharge can be a colitis sign, and in my world of prostate cancer treatment, can be a sign of prostatitis from xrt. It is important to learn if you have blood, cramps and urge to defecate all the time. Occasional mucus can be diet related or normal.

In brief: This question

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. William Forsythe