How to make breathing better in chf patient with flash lungs eddma? Sleep on elevated bed but sometimes gasp for air 90 spo2. Can't open windows for air in cold weather, home remedies to get more oxygen? Is the underlying cause renin/kidney issue?

Dr. Sewa Legha
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: Ask your doctor for

You should be under the care of a Cardiologist so that your medications for CHF can be adjusted to keep your body free from any fluid retention.
You may also benefit from bringing home an Oxygen cylinder which your doctor can order and his nurse or social worker can organize its home delivery. There is no other source of getting oxygen at home if and when you needed it urgently.

In brief: Ask your doctor for

Dr. Charles Gordon
Pediatrics - Adolescent Medicine

In brief: Treat the chf

He may be gasping for air because of pulmonary edema (fluid in his lungs).
When did you last speak to his doc about his condition? He has to be evaluated promptly and treated appropriately. I don't know if his problem is related to his heart, his lungs, his kidneys or some combination of above. You have to have him seen and treated. It might be complicated.

In brief: Treat the chf

Dr. Sameer Azhak
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Consult Cardiologist

I agree with Dr. Gordon, flash pulmonary edema can be due to leaky mitral valve or coronary artery blockage of the left main coronary artery or a branch supplying papillary muscle, blockages of both kidney arteries can also cause flash pulmonary edema, spikes of blood pressure while sleeping especially with sleep apnea with one of the above conditions can do this as well complicated issue.

In brief: Consult Cardiologist

Dr. Theresa Henderson
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Need better control

Your degree of heart failure needs further evaluation and treatment! You need to know if your CHF is a valve problem, heart artery supply problem, a heart muscle problem or perhaps primary lung problem. You should be seeing a cardiologist that specializes in heart failure Each of the above I mentioned would be treated somewhat differently to very differently.
You should be on a home oxygen system.

In brief: Need better control

You should be on a home oxygen system.
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology