Jaw ache causes? Besides teeth grinding 

Many. Including Hx of trauma, malocclusion, parafunctional habits, infection, reaction to medication, systemic disorder, stress, referred pain, and many other possibilities. See your Dentist for diagnosis and treatment or referral.
TMJ -TMD. is the most common non-dental related chronic facial and jaw pain. See your dentist first to rule out dental pain.
Numerous. ..causes of jaw ache are possible some of dental and many of non-dental origin. You absolutely need to be seen for an evaluation and please don't delay because the longer you wait, the more expensive and invasive become the treatment options. Even if tooth grinding is the culprit, if it makes your jaw ache, it may well require treatment.
Many. Many. A few include wisdom tooth or other tooth infection, tumor, periodontal problem. Ear problems. See ENT doc or oral surgeon for assessment.