I'm 17. No vomiting, cramps, or gas. I've had diarrhea for 4 days. No unusual meals. No blood in my stool or anything. What should I do?

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Diarrhea

You may have a viral intestinal infection and if so, it will resolve soon without specific treatment except drinking adequate fluids at room temperature, avoidance of harsh roughage and the taking of kaopectate (kaolin and pectin) which reduces loose bowel movements.
If diarrhea persists longer stool should be cultured to look for pathogens including parasites and their eggs.

In brief: Diarrhea

Dr. Steven Seres