My son has had ringworm for 4 days. I have been putting blue star ointment on and it's just getting red...I do see any healing. Am I doing everything right and just need to be patient?

Dr. Rajesh Kumar

In brief: Use lotrimin (clotrimazole)

Blue star ointment has camphor and salicylates as its main ingredients.
The fact that spot is getting redder suggests that ointment is irritating it more. U shd try an over the counter anti- fungal cream like lotrimin (clotrimazole) and see if that makes a difference in 5-7 days. It shd make it appear lighter. If it does not then u shd see ur doctor to see if it is fungal or not.

In brief: Use lotrimin (clotrimazole)

Dr. Rajesh Kumar
Dr. Rajesh Kumar
Dr. Shontae Buffington