I was just diagnosed with lupus 1/17/10, is it safe to get a tatto?

Pathology
In brief: There's a risk
Colorful tattoos have been linked with bad flare-ups.
Whether this is a coincidence or cause, getting such a tattoo is playing russian roulette with your chaotic immune system. Lupus is among the cruelest of diseases, and i admire your proactive approach to your health. Good luck.

In brief: There's a risk
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology
In brief: Why a tattoo?
Iy is your choice but I do not know of evidence pro or con specifically for sle but i would not advise it under any circumstances.
Your physician knows your tolerances and i always worry about comtamination of the material. We recently had a patient awaiting to get a bone marrow transplant. There was an excellent donor, but he went to get a tattoo and thus he was excluded as a donor.

In brief: Why a tattoo?
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman