43, single masect & chemo(completed) my surgery discovered Lymph/muscle positive IDC- Dr wants to do Radical Masectomy aren't these rare? I'm scared!

In brief: They are rare

more recently, mainly because invasion of muscle is a rare occurrence because of earlier stage at which breast cancers are diagnosed.
If you are unsure about your surgeon's recommendation, you should get a second opinion.

In brief: They are rare

Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. Warren Wolfe
A radical mastectomy is all in the hands of the oncologist who will review the pathology, the patient's general health and have an in depth discussion with the patient about his/her recommendations.
Dr. Warren Wolfe

In brief: Not rare

There are many choices for treatment of breast cancer.
It all depends on many things like age, type of cancer and general health. In your case I would suggest that you obtain a second opinion from an oncologist who deals with breast cancers. The expert opinion will ease you fears. Remember that a famous movie star Angelia recently had a radical mastectomy. If necessary it can be life saving.

In brief: Not rare

Dr. Warren Wolfe
Dr. Warren Wolfe
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery