I have a large bump on my hip that started as a small pimple like bump. It is very red and painful and has pus and clear liquid in it.

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Boil?

It may be a boil or other infection.
Please go to your doc so he/she can drain it and keep you from getting an infection that can spread farther. Peace and good health.

In brief: Boil?

It may be a boil or other infection.
Dr. Mark Rausch
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Abscess

Your symptoms are consistent with an abscess.
It is an skin infection that develops into a pocket of pus underneath the skin. Many times a physician must cut the abscess open to drain the infection. Very rarely antibiotics alone will work. I recommend applying a heating element ( uncooked rice in a sock, placed in the microwave for 2 minutes) to the abscess in 5 second intervals for 20 minutes.

In brief: Abscess