My 3 month old has roseola and screams and cries all day. When I try to nurse her she screams stiffens her body and pulls away. What's going on?

Dr. Susan Rhoads

In brief: Irritability!

If a infant or child is not consolable.
(They cry worse when they are picked up) this can be a very serious symptom. Please take her to the ER now! Hopefully it is nothing, but it is far, far better, to be safe than sorry! Good luck!

In brief: Irritability!

If a infant or child is not consolable.
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Caveat:My baby girl (now no baby) wouldn't stop fussing (though didn't scream) for an hour or so, I couldn't understand! All I did was dress her in an adorable dress (brand new) that her godmother had sent her. So she looked adorable, but sad! When I undressed her,I found that there'd been a pin in the dress at the side amidst a lot of darling ruffles! So, first check & be sure nothing's poking!
Dr. Rajesh Kumar

In brief: See a pediatrician

Rosella is usually accompanied by 3 days of relatively high fever and then a rash appears and the infant becomes almost normal.
When they are ill with high fever they can refuse feedings and sometimes get dehydrated. If the problem is severe u shd have the baby re examined. Otherwise u can try giving a dose of Tylenol or acetaminophen suppository and see if she responds more appropriately.

In brief: See a pediatrician

Dr. Rajesh Kumar
Dr. Rajesh Kumar
Dr. Jane Van Dis