Can lasix be suspect in hemoglobin loss in anemic patient (GI bleeding ruled out, kidney function improving if not on lasix). Alternatives that do not cause aplastic anemia? Should adh or other tests be done to rule out adverse issues with diuretics

Dr. Ayisha Gani

In brief: Anemia

What kind of anemia do you have, if you have renal insufficiency, that itself may be the cause for anemia.
Aplastic anemia is emergency situation, I do not think it is your case.

In brief: Anemia

Dr. Ayisha Gani
Dr. Ayisha Gani
Dr. James Rochester

In brief: Maybe

General causes of anemia broken down to 3 main causes.
Blood loss, decreased red blood cells being made, red cells being destroyed. Red cell induces, peripheral smear place to start regarding testing to determine possible cause. Some mess have been indicated as cause of anemia. Lasix (furosemide) is one. Need further evil and testing. Hematologists deal with this problem daily. Best of luck.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. James Rochester
Dr. James Rochester
Dr. Eric Weisman