Is it ok if i use 3 dabs of toothpaste for top,bottom teeth and tongue? i wear a retainer at night. i rinse after using circle motions and brush again

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: 3x too much

To properly clan you need to 1) brush 2x/day for 2 full minutes by the clock w 1pea sized portion of toothpaste, 2) floss or WaterPik daily, and 3) clean your retainer before inserting.
We recommend brushing retainer (no toothpaste, it scratches plastic) 2x/day and use denture cleaner tablets 1x/day.

In brief: 3x too much

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Pea sized dab

Most people think that it is necessary to cover the entire toothbrush because of the way toothpaste is advertised on TV.
It is only necessary to use a pea sized dab of toothpaste to properly clean your teeth.

In brief: Pea sized dab

Dr. Susan Rhoads
I learn so much from you, Paul, and you even save me moola! Thanks for this jewel of a tip!
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry

In brief: Teeth cleaning

Keep on brushing your teeth, sounds like you are doing a great job, but start flossing at least once a day.

In brief: Teeth cleaning

Dr. Franklyn Gergits
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Toothpaste

Greetings. Hello Cammy, I think this plan for dental care and hygiene is acceptable.

In brief: Toothpaste

Dr. Peter Kurzweil