How can I safely & effectively fade the dark spots on my 2 year old legs, caused by mosquito bites?

Dr. Bridget Sharpe
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Wait and avoid sun

Toddlers' skin has a remarkable ability to heal and to absorb substances.
That means any bleaching substance or medication you use on the skin for what sounds like a cosmetic problem is more likely to cause harm than benefit. For now, I'd recommend keeping the skin well-moisturized and keeping the child out of the sun/applying regular sunscreen, since sun may cause more discoloration.

In brief: Wait and avoid sun

Dr. David Lipkin

In brief: See answer

OTC Hydroquinone is often used as a skin lightener. Check with your pediatrician to see if he or she approves it.
It can cause skin irritation in some patients.

In brief: See answer