I have 2 day old infant (2nd child) and I have extremely sore cracked nipples.I pumped milk and right breast milk had blood clots. Help please. ?

Dr. Jean Wagner

In brief: Don't worry!

some bleeding from the nipples is normal and if the baby gets a little of your blood in the milk it is ok.
If there is a lot, you could dump it if it makes you feel better. Use a gentle barrier ointment like lanolin on your nipples after nursing. Make sure to vary nursing positions and alternate starting breast. See a lactation consult if things don't improve in a few days.

In brief: Don't worry!

Dr. Jane Van Dis