I am currently nursing my daughter and I am having trouble pumping enough while at work to sustain feeding her only breastmilk. Any suggestions?

Dr. Natalie Geary

In brief: Rest

Very hard to breastfeed if you are not getting rest, eating healthy fats, under stress, etc.
Best advice is to stay well hydrated, well nourished, and well rested. Diffiult to do the last, but the first two will really help. Approach your boss for shortened hours if that is a posibility. Breast feed first thing in am for best volume!

In brief: Rest

Dr. David Vandersteen
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Supplement

Great job breast feeding! if your breast milk supply is insufficient to meet your baby's needs, supplement with a baby formula.
Discuss your options with your provider.

In brief: Supplement

Dr. Avril Beckford

In brief: Working and Breastfe

Watching a smart phone videoclip of your daughter smiling and cooing while you are pumping will promote the let down of milk.
Keep up your fluids.

In brief: Working and Breastfe

Keep up your fluids.
Dr. Shontae Buffington