Hi! I'm a 16 year old going for an endoscopy and colonoscopy at the same time. As a pediatric patient, is it a common to get general anesthesia for both procedures? If not, can I request for a general? I'm absolutely terrified of having something up my **

Dr. Alla Tamarkin
Anesthesiology

In brief: It all depends

Typically an endoscopy and colonsocpy would be performed by an anesthesiologist.
It would be up to the anesthesiologist and the patient to decide what is the safest course of action. There are some co-morbidities that might push anesthesiologist away from general anesthesia. Whether it is deep sedation or general anesthesia, one of the anesthesia jobs is to make the patient feel comfortable

In brief: It all depends

Dr. Alla Tamarkin
Dr. Alla Tamarkin
Dr. Ajay Acharya

In brief: Talk to PMD

Talk to your PMD.

In brief: Talk to PMD

Talk to your PMD.
Dr. Ajay Acharya
Dr. Ajay Acharya
Dr. Shontae Buffington