I burned myself while i was curling my hair (clumsy mistake), the burn blistered over then i accidently bumped into someone & it popped partially. i was wondering how i should treat it. i dont know if i should use vaseline or neosporin, or both. it stings

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology

In brief: Cover and wait

Keep it clean and as dry as possible.
Covering with gauze bandages can help keep from bumping into it. Don't use neosporin or vaseline neither of which will help. Next , immediately grab and ice pack or a bag of frozen peas and hold it over the burned area for 10-15 minutes. You will be amazed at how that cuts down the short and long term effects including the pain.

In brief: Cover and wait

Keep it clean and as dry as possible.
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Eric Weisman