Ive had a rash (jock itch?) for 6 months. I have tried many Otc creams & powders but it has not cleared. Can I use clobetasol propionate cream ups .05

Dr. Natasha Sandy
Dermatology

In brief: Tinea Incognito

If you actually have Jock itch, you issue is fungal and Clobetasol, a high potency steroid could make your fungal infection worse, causing Tinea Incognito.
Also it should not be used in a occlusive area like your groin. It may be time for you to follow up with a doctor. If you cannot do so immediately, try washing area with Nizoral (ketoconazole) Dandruff shampoo, dry thoroughly and keep area dry with powder.

In brief: Tinea Incognito