I had my top right wisdom tooth pulled 48hours ago and my other teeth away from the one pulled hurt pretty bad. Why? Is this normal?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Pain

Pain is never "normal," but may just be indicative of healing surgery.
Pain can be referred to any location along an affected nerve's length. Call the Dentist or specialist Oral Surgeon who treated you. Post operative care is part of the treatment process. He/she may or may want to see you, or may change your post-op Meds.

In brief: Pain

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Post extraction pain

May be referred or radiating pain and may or may not be within normal limits following wisdom tooth extraction.
Could also be something else. I recommend you call the dentist who saw you and discuss your symptoms and concerns.

In brief: Post extraction pain

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Lawrence Kessler
Dentistry - Periodontics

In brief: See the doctor

You just may have referred pain to another area from the extraction or trauma to another area during the extraction Return to your doctor for an x Ray and exam to locate where and why you have pain

In brief: See the doctor

Dr. Lawrence Kessler
Dr. Lawrence Kessler
Dr. William Forsythe