Broke my foot last Friday. There was no swelling or bruising. tonight I noticed a large blue bruise in the area of the break. Gone to work. bad idea?

Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: What Fracture ?

A broken foot can describe a lot of things.
There was no swelling or bruising for 6 days. I can only assume there was no or minimal pain, since you did not mention it. Just how bad could it be broken? One way to find out is to have the foot evaluated to identify the total extent of the injury. If it is broken, to any extent, it has to be stabilized, most commonly by a cam walker. Now, you decide.

In brief: What Fracture ?

Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine