Doc, how many times, in maximum, can I have scaling for my teeth per year? Is it true that scaling may erode the enamel of my teeth? Thank you.

In brief: Different approach..

At your age, unless you already have severe periodontal disease, two thorough professional cleanings per year should be adequate, assuming terrific oral hygiene at home.
If you need more than that, you might not be brushing and flossing properly. Some patients require three, others four, but most need two.

In brief: Different approach..

Dr. Meng Syn
Dentistry

In brief: Depends

Scaling and polishing is done to aggressively remove plaque, calculus and tarter-disease producing substances.
Some patients need more than others but ideally, we strive to stabilize our patients to a rate of two light scalings and polishing a year . There can be significant loss of diseases tooth structure with scaling but the benefits outweigh the risks

In brief: Depends

Dr. Peter Kurzweil