If I had to choose a specific diet and exersize what would it be. We want to lose belly fat and our chibby faces. My girlfriend and i.?

Lasting weight loss. In order to lose weight and keep it off, you need to make a commitment to a permanent lifestyle change. Most importantly you need to commit to a more active lifestyle. No diet is permanent. Eat 75-85% of your daily calorie needs (and count them). www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ try to lose at a healthy pace of 1-2lbs per week and most importantly keep that exercise level up. Good luck.
A Low Carb Diet. Effective weight loss occurs not because of fat restriction but through carbohydrate restriction. We gain weight base on Insulin response to carbohydrates and we loose weight when that Insulin load decreases. A good low carbohydrate diet and a moderate exercise program will do wonders for the "chubbies".