I take zoloaf . Do I have to take it every day? Im confused .Is it something i can take when needed or do I have to keep i level for it to work?

Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Go see your doctor

I believe you're referring to zoloft, (sertraline) an antidepressant & anxiolytic.
If so, you really need to address your question to your prescribing physician. Ask him/her why you're taking it, what's expected benefit, what're common and/or dangerous side effects, and how you're supposed to take it i.e. Daily or as needed. This applies to any patient receiving medication from provider. In general, take daily.

In brief: Go see your doctor

Dr. Saptarshi Bandyopadhyay
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice

In brief: Zoloft (sertraline) usually daily

I believe you are referring to zoloft (sertraline), (sertraline) an antidepressant.
Though it has an unusually long half life compared to other medications, it also has nonlinear kinetics, so it distributes through your body in complex ways. Most docs would say to take zoloft (sertraline) daily. If you miss a day, you should take the next dose the next day, when scheduled. Don't miss too many days, or else it won't be effective.

Dr. Andrea Brand