I had a lump in my arm. I got it removed and the doctor said that it was a fatty lump. Now I have more in my legs.He didn't send the lump for biopsy. What should I do?

Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Have these taken out

If you are concerned ask doctors to take one out and send to lab for pathology report as a rule most tissues removed are sent for histology.
Most fatty lumps called lipoma are not removed always.

In brief: Have these taken out

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. David Brouwer

In brief: Lipoma

Lipomas are common fatty lumps under the skin.
They can occur as a single lesion, and many times there may be more than one or others may develop over time. They are usually of no concern unless they are growing fast. Usually lipomas are not removed unless there is a request by the patient to remove or if there are other reasons the physician may recommend removal.

In brief: Lipoma

Dr. David Brouwer
Dr. David Brouwer
Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Not a problem

Some people are predisposed to forming lipomas, so not necessarily a problem. If another one becomes uncomfortable and needs removed, it can be sent for pathology confirmation to alleviate concerns.

In brief: Not a problem

Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Dan Fisher

In brief: Lipoma?

Fatty lumps (lipomas) are common and often appear as multiples.
Tissue removed should be sent to lab for pathologic diagnosis.

In brief: Lipoma?

Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Dan Fisher
Dr. Andrea Brand