I live in Chicago and I smoke weed during my pregnancy would they as in CPS take my baby away from me ?

Dr. Mary David

In brief: Varies

It varies from state to state and hospital to hospital.
Our policy is for drug testing only when the mom hasn't had prenatal care or if there is a clinical suspicion and the data is used to treat neonatal withdrawal. This is a real problem in Tenn. I can't say what the law is in Chicago or what the policy is in the hospital where you plan to deliver. Hope this helps.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Mary David
Dr. Mary David
Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Apparently not

First, they probably won't know you smoke marijuana unless you tell the doctors or nurses.
If you don't tell they are unlikely to test you. While laws differ from state to state, as best as I can tell CPS would not take your baby away even if they found out but they might investigate. See http://community.babycenter.com/post/a28714043/il_law-_drug_testing_newborns...then_what for a discussion.

In brief: Apparently not

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker

In brief: Hard to say

I don't live there.
In my state they do, and the babies first poo can retain evidence of any drug exposure during the months before birth.

In brief: Hard to say

I don't live there.
Dr. Adam Levy