I treated a yeast infection with an over counter treatment Friday and tried to have sex tonight which stung and now my inner lips are swollen. Normal?

Dr. Albert Pizzo

In brief: Yeast infection

No not normal. The infection persists and has caused a painful inflammation of the tissues You need to continue treatment until the infection has cleared.
You may need to seak professional advice from a gynecologist.

In brief: Yeast infection

Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams

In brief: Nope, never.

It's never "normal" for sex to be painful or for your female parts to sting & get swollen.
Either the med you used didn't work, you didn't heal completely from the infection OR something else is going on. The "something else" could be an allergic reaction to condom or spermicide, an STI like Herpes or re-infection by the yeast. Please see a doctor about this!

In brief: Nope, never.

Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Dr. Anne Phelan-adams
Dr. Adam Levy