Hi, i've been on birth control for about three months now and a couple of weeks ago I missed two days in a row. I took the two the next morning to make up for it, but I still got my period (in the middle of the package of pills). It only lasted a few days

Dr. Jeff Livingston

In brief: Breakthrough bleed

Breakthrough bleeding (bleeding at the wrong time) is very common on birth control.
It happens in about 1/3 of users. Its no big deal and usually self corrects over time. If you are not satisfied or it continues to happen then consider using a different birth control method. It is a common side effect and does not mean something is wrong or that the pill is not working.

In brief: Breakthrough bleed

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Adam Levy