I have a small boil on my lower abdomen, right about where my left ovary would be, it is tender only to touch, and has a large red spot on/around it.

Abdominal boil. You should see a physician, a boil is an abscess which should be drained, the contents should be sent for culture and sensitivity. You should be started on broad-spectrum antibiotics, once the sensitivities are known, the physician should select the best antibiotic for you.