I have been on 3mg a day of xanax for about 5 years for anxiety disorder. I am also on 40 mg a day of paxil for depression and lisinoprinol for high blood pressure. Is there something else I could take in place of the xanax (an herbal remedy) to come off

Dr. Dia Arpon

In brief: Buspar (buspirone)

If you have generalized anxiety disorder consider Buspar (buspirone) It is non habit forming.
Deplin is a methyfolate supplements which can make your medication more effective. You are going to need to be weaned off of Xanax since you have been on it for so long. For panic disorder consider klonopin which is a longer acting bbenzodiazipine like xanax. You may get less peaks and troughs

In brief: Buspar (buspirone)

Dr. Dia Arpon
Dr. Dia Arpon
Dr. Peter Kurzweil