I had a laproscopic total hystetectomy 4 months ago. I am still experiencing lower pelvic pain which worsens with a full bladder. Is tjis normal?

Dr. Phillip Porch
General Practice

In brief: No

It isnot normal to have a lot of pain with a full bladder.
It could be a condition like interstitial cystitis but coul also be adhesions to the bladder from the prior surgery.

In brief: No

Dr. Phillip Porch
Dr. Phillip Porch
Dr. Danielle Salhany

In brief: Call your GYN

By now i would expect any pain related to your surgery to have resolved.
Also, any surgical complication, (e.G bowel or bladder injury) would have been evident much sooner that this so i wouldn't worry too much. Interstitial cystitis is a very common cause of the symptoms that you describe and would not be related to your hysterectomy.

In brief: Call your GYN

Dr. Danielle Salhany
Dr. Danielle Salhany
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery