Diagnosed with fibromyalgia by rheumotologist today. The trazodone/klonopin combo I was taking for insomnia suddenly stopped working when I had a flare up. She put me on ambien 5-10 mg and klonopin .25-.5 mg to help w sleep and anxiety. Didn't say anythin

Dr. Karen Butler

In brief: Ans

Seems you have two questions? Fibromyalgia should be treated with a fad approved medication such as lyrics or cymbalta (duloxetine).
Wrt to you sleep issues. Very rare to have true insomnia. You should try exercise reading and more relaxation techniques for your sleep issues

In brief: Ans

Dr. Karen Butler
Dr. Karen Butler
Dr. Laurence Badgley
General Practice

In brief: Take charge

42yo female diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and given pills for sleeping and anxiety! Apparently no other advisories or medical insights given to the patient! See comments below:

In brief: Take charge

Dr. Laurence Badgley
Dr. Laurence Badgley
12 comments
Dr. Laurence Badgley
While performing diagnosis, physicians much regard mechanisms of injury. Fibromyalgia is multifactorial disorder: Multiple childbirths, delicate female pelvises, mechanical back/pelvis injuries, prolonged sedentariness, obesity & Hypermobility Syndrome are all variously etiologic.
Dr. Laurence Badgley
Fibromyalgia is a diagnosis of exclusion; a quasi-diagnosis and an hypothetical disorder that is absent any firm diagnostic criteria. Organizing a controlled study of medications for an undefinable disease is a non-sequitur. In the case of fibromyalgia, anyone's unsupported opinion is as good as that of any other's.
Dr. Vikram Patel