My daughter had surgery to repair a torn ACL and meniscus last Thursday. The swelling in her foot has Progressively gotten worse with pain. What to do

Dr. Rajesh Kumar

In brief: She needs to be seen

The symptoms you have described suggest a possible infection that may be developing- increased swelling and increasing pain suggests that you should call her doctor and have her seen as soon as possible.
Using Advil and Tylenol (acetaminophen) will only mask the symptoms and delay diagnosis.

In brief: She needs to be seen

2 comments
Dr. Steve Mora
It is a good idea to be seen but In meantime elevate 2x more than she's already doing. There's a possibility that it's dependent edema ie swelling due to gravity pushing fluid to lower leg. You'll know in the AM.
Dr. Scott Keith
I agree with Dr. Mora.
Dr. Jonathan Jassey