I have a 9 mo old baby that Ive been lifting since 1 day after surgery. Was wondering if this could cause any issues? My appendectomy was 10 days ago.

In brief: Check with surgeon

it depend on the baby weight.
you are not supposed to lift more than 10 lb on your first week, up-to 25 lb on the second week, then only 20 lb up to four weeks most of the weight restriction will be lifted after the four weeks. That is my routine post op restriction after this kind of surgery.each surgeon has his own references.please check with your surgeon.

In brief: Check with surgeon

it depend on the baby weight.
Dr. Natalie Hodge

In brief: Big Baby!

What did your surgeon and team tell you at discharge? Usually there is a weight restriction for a period of time post op.
Nine month old babies are big babies, as you know. Dig up your discharge papers and/or call your surgeons office tomorrow. If you have pain upon lifting we obviously want you to stop. Call in family and friend recruits to help you out in the coming weeks. Feel better soon!

In brief: Big Baby!

Dr. Shontae Buffington