I have a huge red painful swollen bump the size of a dime on top of pubic bone in the medial area. I cannot see an in grown hair and I have no medical insurance. Thank you for your time and advice on how to treat it.

Dr. David Lipkin

In brief: Caution>possibleMRSA

You MAY be describing an abscess, which is an infection in the dermis that has been walled off by the bodies immune system so it doesn't spread.
At it's center is usually a collection of pus, which is nothing more that lots of dead leukocytes which died fighting the infection...as well as some bacteria. Applying warm compresses as often as possible may help it drain and resolve. If not>MUST see Dr

In brief: Caution>possibleMRSA

Dr. David Lipkin
Dr. David Lipkin
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery