I have Papaliary Thyroid Cancer in my lung and when I was 13 I had my Thyroid removed and a left radical and partial right neck desection also. I am63?

Dr. Lewis Hassell
Pathology

In brief: Thyroid cancer

It sounds like your question is whether this is the same cancer you had 50 years ago, and how it could occur after removal of all thyroid tissue.
Papillary cancers from the lung and thyroid may look very similar and have almost identical markers, so it could be a primary lung cancer. But rare remnants of thyroid tissue can occur outside the neck and give rise to cancer also.

In brief: Thyroid cancer

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology