For some time now I feel an enlarged/swollen area around my adams apple, what could it be? I haven't been sick lately but do have moderate asthma

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Worrisome
Could be angioedema, uvulitis or a mass that you can't see.
It needs to be evaluated by someone who can put a scope inside and look into your throat (ent). If they find nothing visible, next step is to request a ct scan of the soft tissue of the neck. If both are negative see an allergist for traditional treatment of possible angioedema.

In brief: Worrisome
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Devon Webster
Internal Medicine - Oncology
In brief: Thyroid/lymph nodes?
The area you describe is where your thyroid gland is located.
You also have lymph nodes in that area. A doctor needs to lay hands on you and examine this swollen area before deciding what further testing (if any) should be done.

In brief: Thyroid/lymph nodes?
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Devon Webster
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology