Hi, I recently had my bottom back right tooth removed because an abcess had formed in my jaw it had been there at least 10 days but wasn't giving me any pain just abit sore to touch, the dentist has removed this tooth and said the abcess should go down an

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Be patient

Some patients may heal fast with little or no pain after wisdom tooth surgery, while others may have a more prolonged recovery up to 3 weeks.

In brief: Be patient

In brief: It should

And your question?

In brief: It should

And your question?

In brief: 3 to 4 days

Normally the swelling goes down over the next 3 to 4 days.
Sometimes an antibiotic is needed if the selling does not resolve after that amount of time. If the swelling does not resolve then return to your dentist for an evaluation.. There should not be an additional fee to have your dentist follow up on the dentistry he did for you. Applying ice makes swelling go down faster.

In brief: 3 to 4 days

Dr. Elton Behner
Dentistry

In brief: Not sure

what your question is....

In brief: Not sure

what your question is....
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Treatment

Treatment was appropriate.
Infections can spread and do serious, even fatal, harm. May be painless. Talk to your Dentist about replacing tooth to prevent posterior bite collapse.

In brief: Treatment

Treatment was appropriate.
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine