23 years old with gallbladder polyp 7mm, should I be worried?

In brief: Do not worry

I would repeat sonogram in 6 months in the same facility so they can compare the studies.
Is polyp is increasing in size or is more then1cm - recommend gallbladder removal. In my experience most of them turn out to be a soft gb stone. If you having symptoms of typical for gallbladder stones ie. Right upper abdominal pain, pain radiating to right back or shoulder then etc. Then remove it sooner.

In brief: Do not worry

Dr. Zbigniew Moszczynski
Dr. Zbigniew Moszczynski

In brief: No

If it is a true polyp and over 10mm, there is a very small risk of it developing into gallbladder cancer.
That's when we recommend removing the gallbladder, which is usually outpatient laparoscopic surgery. When plops are under 10mm, you just need to follow up with an ultrasound in about a year to be sure it's not growing to over 10mm. Gallbladder cancer is extremely rare.

In brief: No

Dr. Daniel Reichenbach
Dr. Daniel Reichenbach
Dr. Charles Davant

In brief: Nope

Gallbladder polyps are not uncommon and usually don't cause problems.

In brief: Nope

Dr. Charles Davant
Dr. Charles Davant
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery