I recently fell and needed an X-ray on my left knee. They incidentally found vascular calcification on the xray. Is it unusal to find it on xray?

No. Vascular calcification is often seen on xray as you get older. You are a bit young to have this noted at your knee level and it may indicate that you have a predisposition to vascular disease. I would discuss this with your doc to see if further studies are warranted.
Not that Unusual-- It's not particurarly unusual, but it means you have hardening of the arteries with calcium build up. Go see your doctor and make sure your BP and cholesterol are controlled. I'd consider a stress test to check heart arteries.