My birth control is making me get yeast infections with a foul oder should I just lower my dosage or get off?

Neither. If you are using birth control pills, it is not likely that the pill is causing your discharge and odor. I am not aware of any birth controll method that will cause the problem you describe. Some women will experience recurrent vaginal yeast and/or bacterial infections, regardless of birth control method used. You should see your physician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment.
Change medication. If you think your bc pill is responsible for your yeast infection, the best alternative would be to get another bc pill. Bc pills work on the basis of controlling your hormone cycle that affects your ovulation cycle. By reducing the dose of the bc pill you will make it ineffective. Please consult your pcp or ob/gyn for another option.