Can mild anaemia12 and very low iron 32 can cause fatigue and breathlessness?

Dr. Susan Madonna

In brief: Anemia

it is unlikely that such a mild decrease in hemoglobin would be the cause of your shortness of breath.
Please see your doctor for an evaluation of your breathing.

In brief: Anemia

Dr. Philip Miller

In brief: YES

Please get examined and treated with supplementation if you have either iron deficiency or B12/folic acid deficiency.

In brief: YES

Dr. Stephen Southard

In brief: Possibly but to be

Honest, a serum iron of 32 isn't very low as the low limit of normal is 40.
Also a hemoglobin of 12, additionally isn't particularly low. With numbers like that I would look elsewhere before assuming that your symptoms are just related to a mild iron deficiency anemia. As a man, you should have further evaluation for low iron though, as this isn't common.

In brief: Possibly but to be

Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Preventive Medicine