I get left side lower back spasms after exercise or when standing still? I use the stepper 45 minutes daily plus work with a trainer 3x/week

Dr. Cory Annis
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics

In brief: Get it checked out

You may be over-training, or doing too much of the same kind of exercise.
It's easy to fall into a "trance" when you do the same exercise every day and set yourself up for repetitive stress injury. Regardless, any persistent pain should be checked out.

In brief: Get it checked out

Dr. Jennifer Chu
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: Spine nerve irritate

You may have over use this muscle or that there is the spinal nerve root irritation.
Do not perform exercises that cause you more pain. Spinal nerve root irritation always causes muscle spasms. If the pain is primarily due to nerve damage, there are symptoms of pins and needles, numbness, burning, shooting and sharp pains. If the pain is due to nerve irritation with predominant muscle spasm, .

In brief: Spine nerve irritate

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine